Most dads dream of having a “man cave” right? One of the most challenging parts about creating a space of one’s own is finding a part of the house that isn’t already in use. Well… how many times has your dad said “I guess I should clean out the garage”?
Why not help him get the garage cleaned out and converted into his own dream space?
Break it down into simple steps:
- Rent a storage space
- Help him sort out what is worth keeping and what is not
- Haul off the junk/trash
- Move the items that are only needed occasionally to the storage unit
- Add a big screen TV and a few comfy chairs
- Pick up a dorm size fridge at a garage sale (they are abundant after kids come home from college)
- Get him a supply of his favorite treats/beverages
- Give him the gift of your time
Most Dad’s really don’t need an expensive solution, what really matters is you giving him your time and support. He’s always been there for you, now be there for him!
Happy Father’s Day!