Storage in Fort Worth – Storage Tips
Storage in Fort Worth here at Eagle Self Storage can come in any size, with or without electricity and a climate controlled environment.
That makes storage in Fort Worth convenient for any of your household or business needs.
And making your storage in Fort Worth even more convenient, Eagle Self Storage has some storage tips.
- Leave a space between the unit wall and your stored items for ventilation. Storage in Fort Worth can experience a variety of temperatures.
- Take the time to document where you are placing your stored items.
- Place your frequently used items at the front of the unit. A simple map would work.
- Use all the space in your unit by placing heavier items on the bottom, then stacking lighter items to the ceiling.
- Leave an aisle down the center for easier access to all your items.
- Protect your furniture, mattresses and box springs by covering them. There are specially designed covers for your various items or you can use something light for a dust cover like a bed sheet. Follow manufacturer recommendations for storing as some mattresses should be stored flat on a level surface.
- To improve ventilation even more, rather than placing boxes directly on concrete, use pallets or thick cardboard mat.
- Be sure photographs and documents are flat when stored to avoid curling.
- Removing legs and other parts if possible when stacking them for protection or to save space. Stacking items such as dressers, end tables, night stands and tables top to top will save space.
- You can also place towels or throws between items like chairs when stacking them again for protection and to save space.
- Placing some tables and sofas on end might be a space savers as well. Keep upholstery off the floor by using a pallet, cardboard mat or plastic.
- Be sure to leave appliance doors ajar and drain any fuel out of items that might be powered by gas or oil to improve ventilation and prevent any unwanted odors.
- Fill empty items like trash cans, appliances and drawers with other items. Trash cans are great for storing garden tool items.
- If you are storing items that may be sensitive to humidity or require a particular temperature be sure to rent a climate controlled unit.
Eagle Self Storage in Fort Worth . . .
. . . can help you decide what size and type of storage unit you will need. And if you have any questions about the moving or storage, they are ready to help there, too.